Tier 4 (General) Student

  • This category is for adult students (over 16) wishing to come or remain in the UK to take a course at or above National Qualification Framework level 3 with the licensed Tier 4 education provider.


  • Adult students coming to study in the UK for up to 6 months or up to 11 months to undertake an English Language course must apply for student visa within Special visitors’ subcategory.


  • Before the application for Tier 4 (General) Student is made, the education provider must provide you with CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for studies), which confirms that you have been given an unconditional offer of a place on a course of study with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor.


  • Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference is they are planning to study at degree level or above, or to level B1 if they are planning to study at a below degree level. Applicants must also demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to cover course fees and leaving costs.


  • If your application is successful, you will be allowed to stay in the UK for the full length of your course and must leave the UK at the end of your studies or to switch into another immigration category.


Please contact us for more detailed information and professional immigration support.

General and Family visitors Business visitors Special visitors Tier 1 (Investor) Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Tier 2 (General) Tier 4 (General) Student Tier 4 (Child) Student Settling in the UK / British Citizenship