General and Family visitors

  • If you are an adult (over 18) and want to visit the UK as a tourist or to stay with friends in the UK, you should apply to come here as a general visitor (or as a child visitor if you are under 18).


  • If you are an adult (over 18) and coming to the UK to visit members of your family you must apply as a family visitor (or as a child visitor if you are under 18).


  • General and family visitors must provide evidence that they have enough money to support and accommodate themselves while in the UK.


  • During the visit to the UK, general and family visitors are not allowed to do a course of study, take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, marry or register a civil partnership, receive private medical treatment, carry out the activities of a business visitor.


  • If your application for visa is not successful, you will be given a notice of refusal, which will list the reasons for your refusal and will tell you whether you have the rights to appeal.


  • As a general or family visitor, you are allowed to remain in the UK for a maximum of 6 months. When you enter the UK, the immigration officer will stamp the duration of your permission to stay in your passport.


Please contact us for more detailed information and professional immigration support.


General and Family visitors Business visitors Special visitors Tier 1 (Investor) Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Tier 2 (General) Tier 4 (General) Student Tier 4 (Child) Student Settling in the UK / British Citizenship