Tier 4 (Child) Student
- This category is for children coming to the UK to be educated between 4 and 17 years old. Children between 4 and 15 years old must be educated only at independent fee-paying schools. Tier 4 (Child) students can only be educated at a publicly funded Further Education College which is able to charge for International Students, and then only once they are aged 16 or 17 years old and they will be studying a course at or above level 3 of the National Qualification Framework.
- Before the application for Tier 4 (Child) Student is made, the education provider must provide you with CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for studies), which confirms that you have been given an unconditional offer of a place on a course of study with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor.
- The applicants must demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to cover course fees and leaving costs.
- If the applicant is under 12 years old, he/she can be accompanied to the UK by his parent or legal guardian. Parent or legal guardian must apply as a Special visitor.
- If your application is successful, you will be allowed to stay in the UK for the full length of your course and for 4 months after your course finished. At the end of that time, child student must leave the UK unless he/she applied to extend his/her stay or to switch into another immigration category.
Please contact us for more detailed information and professional immigration support.